There were a few major accomplishments at this race never before achieved by the team! Here they are:
- This was the first time we have won both female and male races overall in the same weekend (Adam
- Steph set a NEW club record in the 8K (30:57) which was also a massive PB for her.
- Adam Hortian was the first H+Per to ever break 26:00 in a team 8K, coming in only 6 seconds off his club record of 25:40.
- The 8M team (Sean, Luke, Greg, Aaron, Dave, Nick) was the first to ever have 6 runners within the top 10 of any race.
- The 8M team has been calculated to be our 5th fastest team of all time according to our rankings system.
Now, here are the full results!
- Adam Hortian won the race overall in an outstanding time of 25:46.
- Steph came in 1st OA for females, 5th OA in a NEW CLUB RECORD of 30:57.
- Next in for the team was Jonathan Fugelsang with a massive new personal best of 34:32. This brought him in 9th OA, and 2nd in his AG!
- Simon had a great race, but seems to be missing in the results- stay tuned!
- Paul was in next for the team in a time of 35:59, good enough to win his AG!
- Kristin Marks had a breakthrough race, running 38:44 and placing 2nd in her AG!
- Coach Sean won in 45:36.
- Luke placed 3rd OA and won his AG in a new PB of 48:10!
- Coach Dyce came in 4th OA with a very solid time of 48:22.
- Nick Burt was in next for the team, finishing 6th OA and winning his AG in 50:08.
- Aaron Mailman was in 9th OA, 2nd in his AG, with a new PB of 50:39.
- Dave Rutherford was the 6th runner in for the team, the 6th runner to break the top 10, and won his AG with a great time of 51:36.
- Graham Dunn had a great return from injury, running 53:12, placing 3rd in his AG.
- Andrea was in next for the team with an outstanding team debut. She place FIRST OA for females running 53:24.
- Emily was in next for the team. She also had a breakthrough race, placing 2nd OA with a time of 54:49.
- Recovering from injury, Vicki came in treating this race as a tempo run. She still managed a great result, placing 5th OA and breaking the 1 hour mark!
- Helen had a great race, taking a huge amount of time off of her personal best, and placing 2nd in her AG!
- Don was battling a tough illness through this race, but still managed a great time of just over 1-hour.
- Derek used the 8M as a training day- but still managed an impressive 1:04 and won his first AG medal with the team!
- Jessica had a great performance- she took 3 minutes off her
Up next for the team- the Toronto Yonge Street 10K AND the Boston Marathon! #cantwontstop